Tuesday, May 3, 2011

3000 in 2

Over the past 2 days I have been able to get out for 3 great workouts and accumulate over 3000 feet of elevation gain.

Sunday morning - Ran the "Tick Trail" (trail 247, 22, 21, 230, 226, 21, 320), which circumnavigates Mt. Erie. The total run is just over 5 miles with just over 1000 feet of climbing. It is a great training bench mark "field test" in measuring my overall fitness and endurance levels. Surprisingly enough I ran this one in 51:18, which is just over my PR for the loop (49:34).

Monday Evening #1- 6 miles and 1000 feet of elevation while running at Lake Padden. Stayed on mostly all of the dog friendly trails as I was accompanied by Brent and his dog Jake. Lots of climbing and actually was able to carry a pretty good clip.

Monday Evening #2- Decided to measure out the run so hit the Mountain Bike and did the exact same loop. 6 miles, 1000 feet of gain, and oh yes... MUD (lot's of it), made this an extra difficult ride.
**I'm looking forward to doing this day's workout again when the trails are a bit more dried out and compare my overall speeds.

Today, I am planning on doing just a bit more climbing (150') before I hit the track for 5x400's at current mile pace.

No comments: