Friday, June 11, 2010

Duvall Days 10k Recap

Well it has been a few years since I went home and participated in the 10k race on Duvall's birthday (4 I think). The course's name stands for itself, "Run FAST, Run HILLS, Run DUVALL." The race starts down at McMormick Park next to the Snoqualmie River, and wastes no time hitting the hills until you hit mainstreet. Once on mainstreet you get to enjoy the flat running surface for about 300 meters until it's up and up winding your way up to Cedarcrest High School for the turn around spot. And as Dean Vergillo (teammate and race director) mentioned at the starting line, "what goes up must come down." For me as a runner, I feel that my strengths are in the hill climbing where as my overall speed isn't that great, so I pushed the hills and making good time, sitting right around 15th at the turn around spot. I was able to pass 2 more on the way back down to the finish line to clain 13th overall (133 total) and 4th division (23 total). I even PR'ed (personal record) on the course running a 42:50, nearly five minutes faster than in '06. Overall, I was very pleased with my time (averaging 6:55 mile pace) on such a challenging course and am getting ramped up for my next run, bike, or adventure race.

No comments: